|Do not use jewelry dips
or abrasive cleaners on gemstones.
Do not use an ultrasonic
cleaner, ammonia or other chemical solutions which may cause
Do not immerse your
semi-precious gemstone jewelry in water or any other liquids.
Do not store
semi-precious gemstones in direct sunlight.
Do not put your jewelry
on until AFTER you have dressed and applied any cosmetics, hairspray,
perfume, lotions and other chemicals. These can dull and even harm your
Clean your jewelry after
each wearing with a soft cloth before putting it away. This will remove
the oils from your skin and debris picked up throughout the day and help
If you *just have to
clean it* use baby wipes, and dry thoroughly with a hair dryer - but
this is not recommended nor is it necessary as it may shorten the life
of your jewelry!
Exposure to air,
humidity, and moisture causes tarnish. To minimize tarnish, store your
piece in a zip-top bag with the air squeezed out. If you can, store each
piece separately in a good jewelry box.
As with all jewelry, do not wear in
a swimming pool, hot tub, shower, or when washing dishes by hand, etc. and so
forth. (Avoid liquids of any kind!) Do not wear when using ammonia or bleach. Bleach, including chlorine, will attack and dissolve the metal so that the more
delicate parts will come undone.
Also, don't use rubber bands to wrap your jewelry bags together. As
rubber bands age they release sulphur so don't keep any rubber bands near your
jewelry or in your jewelry box.